Tuesday, January 06, 2009

When Darkness Comes


After a year (or five) sitting in my basement, I'm getting ready to try "When Darkness Comes."
At first reading the dice system made no sense, but then after visiting the Twilight Creations website and reading their "updated" rules, it makes perfect sense.

I think the big difference is that in the new PDF rules, the dice system is actually explained. Whereas in my original rules, there is just a table that doesn't actually tell you how to score the target number rolls. (Answer: You use multiple dice and the rolls match out like card hands. 3 of a kind, a full house, 2 pair, etc...)

http://www.twilightcreationsinc.com/wdc
is the website.
The game supports up to 6 players + a GM (optional).

I may try the no-GM version where it plays out like a board game, just to see how it goes. Seems like it might be a pretty fast game, and like most of TC's work, the minis and the board are beautiful.

No comments: