Friday, July 11, 2008

Attack of the Crawfish!

A woman's scream filled the movie theatre parking lot and I bounded over to help. She and her date were confounded by an enormous bug - which turned out to be a huge crawfish. It rained a lot these past two days - but I think 'twas sexual displays I was seeing out there as the crawfish snipped at each other. (Or at least some kind of territorial display...)

I easily picked up five lively specimens and saw many more squished throughout the parking lot.

I must do some research on this... I've never seen so many crawfish out of water before. The other obvious solution to this is that someone had a bucket of crawfish in their truck and they either crawled out during the movie, or the person dumped them out in the parking lot. But the distribution of the crawfish was over the entire length of the parking lot - which makes me think it was a natural display, not a result of human action.

No comments: