Monday, September 11, 2006

Site Re-Design - Pt II

Ok - so the site as you see it now is a lower-cost hosting solution, and is based on PHP scripting and HTML. The host offers CHAT and BOARDS - so I set them up. Not sure how they'll be used yet, but they exist and if you want to sign up you can.

I've had a couple of blogs in my life, and I've ditched them both in favor of this one. I barely have time for one blog with all my life's projects - but I'll manage. Besides, occasionally I have something to say to the Universe and the Internet is a comically apt analog to the utility of such an effort.

Today I entered into a pact with Mr. Ollerman.

Mr. Ollerman.

I know you're reading this, Mr. Ollerman.

But on to the pact. Today is September 11th, 2006. I have until September 11th, 2007 to finish a novel, or will have to buy Mr. Ollerman a Billy Bass.



I do not enter into this pact lightly. The very idea of Mr. Ollerman having a singing fish (purchased at my expense) in his Yankee Writer's Workshop is anathema to me. It sickens me. It makes my stomach roil. And that makes me want to write, which is exactly the point.

On the other hand, having Mr. Ollerman purchase a Billy Bass for me - well that's suits my decor. Besides it will fit neatly between my collection of bottled dreams (unfulfilled) and clown tears (the crying on the outside kind of clowns).


But I'm sure that won't happen. After all, he's already written a book.

No comments: