Thursday, September 07, 2006

Welcome to GGO’s “Random Encounters” – the BLOG where the “geek” and “nerd” perspectives are finally given voice on the Internet!

Let me start by saying that I hate the word “BLOG.” If you’re one of the 14 people who don’t already know the etymology, this is a sort of portmanteau word formed from combining web+log. Only it should be formed from web+journal. This should really be a “bjournal” or a “webjo.” But them asses have spoken. I mean the masses have spoken.

(Although I must confess; I really like the Swedish styling of “bjournal.” )

The whole gamegroup.org website is the place where (in theory) some friends of mine and I put our game-related ideas out on the web for the enjoyment and edification of the gaming community. In reality, it seems like I’m the one doing the lion’s share of the uploading, editing, writing, etc…

But, man does not live by dread alone…

Here in our articles section you will find some items for your role-playing games that were just too dangerous, too extreme for Dragon Magazine or Knights of the Dinner table. Now they’ve a home.

You’ll find cutting-edge reviews of movies that came out anywhere from 1 to 80 years ago. Priceless.

In the crypt of comics you’ll find drawings and illustrations so amusing, so profoundly avant-garde, so infrequently updated – that you may find yourself chuckling with mirth.

There are message boards. There is a chat feature. There is even a munginator.

This is the only “first” post I plan to have on this site, and I hope all the rest of the posts are totally sweet. I detect a tinge of sour in this one.

No comments: