Friday, November 03, 2006

Cleanup Underway

The house, mind you. Not the writing. I hit around 1500 this morning, bringing my a.m. total to 6501. My p.m. total should be higher, barring unforeseen circumstances. It's getting exciting for me now because three of my characters have cliff-hangers going on, two of them more pressing than the third. These mid-nanowrimo blog-entries may be more terse as I save my letters for the project.

Observation the first: Having an outline, some simple character sketches and a map has been an absolutely different experience than any other writing project I've done. Wonderful.

Observation the second: It takes me about 20 minutes to hit the zone where the words just flow and flow. In that first 20 I hop around a bit and stare and sometimes mis-align my hands to the home keys.

Observation the third: I read that everyone who finishes this year will have their project added to Oprah's book club!!! I wrote it, and then I read it. Just now.

No comments: